BHS Counseling FAQ
I’ve enrolled my student at BHS. Now what?
At BHMSD, we recognize that students are most successful with parental involvement. Here are some steps parents can take to help ensure student success:
- Log in to PowerSchool to view grades and related information.
- Ensure your student has access to Canvas, which is the method BHMSD uses for virtual learning.
- Make lunch payments through the Food Service page.
- Confirm your ParentSquare account.
- Review the student handbook for information on attendance and tardy policies.
What does a typical day look like?
Bluffton High School operates on a “block four” daily schedule, meaning students typically have four class periods a day for 85 minutes each.
BHS has four terms per school year. Classes are at least one term long.
How can my student get involved?
BHS offers a variety of clubs, sports and extracurricular activities. Ask your guidance counselor for more information.
How does my student graduate?
At BHS, every student is expected to choose a path to graduation from the Triple E approach: Enroll, Employ, Enlist. That entails:
- Academic Honors or Technical Diploma by selecting a Graduation Pathway
- Demonstrate Employability Skills to pursue a career or college.
- Demonstrate Post-Secondary Competencies: Honors, CTE pathway, CTE certification, ACT/SAT score